Please select the size of the font you would like to use.


Popular pages Other pages

Transport and Streets


The public highway encompasses pavements, footpaths, roads and by-roads. When carrying out any building work, maintenance, or removing part of a property next to a public road, pavement or rear lane, the safety of people on the road is paramount. As such, licences are needed to ensure that the safety of the public is maintained. If you want to carry out works on the public highway, or you want to put a skip, scaffolding, access plant, refreshment facilities or other objects on, in or over the public highway then under the Highways (Jersey) Law 1956 permission is required from the Parish, in conjunction with the Highways Authority, if not the Parish. The Highways Authority for the Parish is the Roads Committee, chaired by the Connétable.

Click on the buttons below:

 1 - RPZ  2 - Report a Street Problem
 3 - Town Centre Partnership  4 - ABoard & Displaying Goods
 5 - Events  6 - Al Fresco
 7 - Construction  8 - Embargoes
 9 - Toilets  10 - Changing Places
 11 - Roadworks  12 - Refuse, Recycling & Street Cleaning
 13 - Resurfacing

 Click here for

Online  Map -pin -red -hiForms

 For a list of current road closures and delays please click on the link below

Trafficworx Link


Streets Inspector - Matthew Wallace : / 811847

Technical Support Officer - AndrĂ© Sty : / 811846

Director of T&E Services - John Stievenard : / 811845

Gemma Rowley - / 811844 

Visit us at:  

Follow us on Twitter:

Streets Inspector @streetinsp