St Helier has a number of cemeteries within the Parish. Please see below for more details.
Green Street Cemetery
Green Street Cemetery was opened in April 1827, after the St Helier Town Churchyard became full in the 1820s (records for Town Church held by Jersey Archives). Burial records for Green Street available from 27/7/1879. Location: Green Street, St Helier.
Almorah Cemetery was opened in approximately 1854 for use by all religions. It was privately owned and operated by an association called the Saint Helier General Cemetery. It was later transferred to the Parish of St Helier in 1921. The Chapel and Lodges were built in 1858. Burial records available from 6/1/1862. Location: Richmond Road, St Helier.
Old Mont à l'Abbé Cemetery
Old Mont à l'Abbé Cemetery was opened in 1855. This Cemetery includes a baby memorial garden. Burial records available from 16/9/1854. Location: Old St John's Road, St Helier.
New Mont à l'Abbé Cemetery
New Mont à l'Abbé Cemetery was opened in 1885. Burial records available from 1885. Location: Tower Road, St Helier.
Surville Cemetery was opened in 1950 and has several burial areas including the main burial ground, ashes section, perinatal section and a Muslim section. Burial records available from 19/1/1950. Location: Ruette Pinel, St Helier.
We have access to extensive records regarding burials. Charges start from £10 for this service. Please contact the Municipal Services Depot using the details below.
Contact us: Cemeteries@posh.gov.je or email@example.com
or Phone: 811705