Pay equivalent to Manual Worker Grade 1 (£12.44 - £13.11 per hour)
38 hours per week, permanent contract.
Key tasks include
- Ensure the following areas are clean of any litter, debris and weeds using either a hand tools, broom, battery operated strimmer, blower or mechanical hoover.
- Highways, Footpaths, Roads, Precincts, Parks, Car Parking Areas and all land administered by the Parish of St. Helier
- Sweep all accessible areas and clear footpath channels and gratings
- Weed pavements using hand tools or Battery-operated strimmer’s
- Empty litterbins or any approved refuse containers
- Cleaning and polishing litter bins benches and signage
- Removal of spillages & deposits on roads & pavements
- Attend emergencies when called to do so (i.e.) Leaf clearing, Snow clearance, grit and debris removal from roads and pavements
- Remove litter from flower planters
- Report all damage and breakages to the Supervisor / Manager
- Steam clean bins at periodic times of the year
- Weed Control
- Litter Clearance
- Report any street issues to management
- Clean Graffiti
- Other reasonable tasks as requested by management
Training is given on the use of equipment relevant to keeping the streets belonging to the Parish clean of litter, weeds and any other debris or any other area allocated by management. The operator must have good communication and interpersonal skills, they must have the ability to work by themselves or in a team environment as working on the streets of St Helier contact with the general public is inevitable. They must have knowledge of safe working practices, common sense, diplomacy and a good level of physical fitness and strength.
For further details, please view the full Job Description; applications are welcomed by completing the application form and submit by email to HR@posh.gov.je.
Closing date: 15th August 2021