In Jersey the Roads Committee (Comité des Chemins) is the highway authority for parish roads in each parish. In accordance with the Loi (1914) sue la Voirie, it superintends the repair and maintenance of by-roads in the Parish, establishes boundary stones, issues Choses Publiqueslicenses, examines planning applications that fall within its responsibilities, and supervises refuse collection. It adjudicates fines during the Visite du Branchage, and proposes new road names as may be necessary for approval by the Parish Assembly. The Connétable presides over the Roads Committee, which also includes the Rector and five Principals of the Parish elected for a term of three years by the Parish Assembly.
In St Helier, the larger Roads Committee also undertakes additional non-statutory responsibilities with regard to parks and other matters and acts, in the absence of a municipal council, as an advisory body to the Connétable. By convention, the two Procureurs du Bien Public of St Helier attend meetings of the Roads Committee, but cannot vote.
The Roads Committee is made up of the following individuals, whose contact details appear alongside:-
- Simon Crowcroft (Chair): email: email@example.com; Tel.: 811821;
- Robert Le Brocq: email: RLeBrocq@outlook.com; Tel.: 743606;
- Bernard Manning: email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel.: 07700 356438;
- Barry Le Feuvre: email: email@example.com; Tel.: 874391;
- John Baker: email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel.: 07797 725879;
- Julian Rogers: email: email@example.com; Tel.: 607910 and
- The Very Reverend Mike Keirle: email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: 720011
You can find the minutes for all Roads Committee meetings below.
If you would like minutes from previous meetings which do not appear below, please contact us on: (01534) 811811.