It’s time to enjoy the bright lights of the festive season, meet some of your favourite Christmas characters, sing along to some yuletide carols by some of Jersey's home grown school choirs and 'Be Merry', as you welcome Santa to turn on the Christmas lights in St Helier for 2019! We have some great surprises in store for you this year which you won’t want to miss!
This night also marks the start of the Festive shopping period with Thursday late nights and Sunday opening hours for you to find that special gift!
A rundown of timings and events:
- 5pm: Parish Depot: Les Amis, Santa and Passengers board Le Petit Train and Sleigh;
- 6pm: Millennium Park: Jersey Pipe Band, Elves, Rouge Bouillon School Choir join the Parade;
- 6:05pm: West's Centre Countdown: Lights Switch On, with confetti canons, and St Saviour's School Choir finish singing and join the Parade;
- 6:15pm: Bath Street: Lights Switch On as the Parade progresses;
- 6:20pm: Boots corner: Lights Switch On as Parade progresses;
- 6:25pm: Queen Street: Countdown and Lights Switch On at King Street. Then lights will continue to turn on as the Parade progresses;
- 6:35pm: New Street: Lights Switch On as the Parade progresses;
- 6:40pm: Library Place: Lights Switch On as the Parade progresses;
- 6:45pm: Royal Square: Frozen sing-along; JADC Panto Choir meet and greet; Plat Douet Choir; Lights Switch On with countdown, then fireworks and confetti canons;
- 6:50pm: Mulcaster Street; and
- 7pm: Weighbridge Countdown, Santa’s entrance, fireworks and final lights switch on by five-year-old, Jake Hutchings. (Jake Hutchings was named the Pride of Jersey Child of the Year earlier this year.)